Preston Elementary School
I would like to welcome each of you to the start of the 2021-2022 academic school year. I am very excited and am looking forward to working with all of our parents/guardians, scholars, and community.
There has been a lot of planning and preparation in order to get ready for this school year and I can assure you that the staff of Preston Elementary is committed to providing an excellent academic and nurturing environment for your scholar. We are prepared to start the year off strong and your support of the school is truly appreciated! Below are a few changes to keep in mind:
- Every child will need to come to school each day with a mask. The mask must be worn throughout the day and may be removed during recess and lunch only.
- Any adult who is on school property will also be required to wear a mask at all times, including during drop off/pick up.
- Please make sure to drop off your child after 7:30 am and pick up immediately after dismissal. Your prompt arrival/pick-up will be extremely helpful.
- This year, we will continue to serve breakfast in the classroom and lunch in the cafeteria for all scholars.
- This year, we will be holding off on volunteers in the classroom until further notice. However, we encourage our parents to fill out the parent volunteer form. You may also ask the classroom teacher if they need help with cut-outs or activity organization.
- PLEASE make sure we have updated contact numbers. ED CODE requires that parents provide schools with updated and working phone numbers.
- We strongly encourage you to send your scholar to school with a refillable water bottle. We have placed 3 water dispensing stations to encourage our scholars to use their own water bottles.
- COMMUNICATION is key: If you have any questions, feel free to contact the office or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or our Program Specialist (Mrs. Martin) at email@example.com. Information and updates will be communicated via Remind app, phone calls, and/or school website.
- If your scholar has a Chromebook or hard cover books from last year, please bring them back to school and drop them off in the box located in front of the school library.
While no one can predict what the future holds, rest assured that our school team is prepared to come together to address any challenge, and we remain committed to making our school a fantastic place for students to learn and grow. Thank you, and may you continue to enjoy these next few days of summer.
Preston Elementary´s Twisted and Tweaked
¨Trunk or Treat"
Go Treat or Treating from the backseat of your car!
Follow us on Social Media!