Click or scan the image to register!
If you have an F or D in one of your classes that you need for graduation, than click here or the image above to register for RHS Summer School 2021. (You can also scan the image with your phone to go straight to the registration page!)
Summer school this school year will be distance learning and will be available to continuing 10th through 12th grade students.
Note: Summer School Priority is Given to Seniors, then Juniors.
Tuesday, June 8th through Friday, June 18th, 2021
Monday, June 21st through Thursday, July 1st, 2021
Monday, July 12, 2021 through Thursday, July 22nd, 2021
*Textbooks will be distributed on June 07, 2021 (9AM-12PM) for 1st Semester. 2nd and 4rdSemester TBD
ACADEMIC CLASSES – GRADES 9 -12
Students are getting 6 hours of exposure to the curriculum each day for 9 days per semester (hours of instruction might vary by the teacher).
- 2 hours of instruction
- 1 Hour will be a live session
- 1 Hour could be live but it can also be a recorded session
- 4 hours of homework/classwork
- Teachers will provide 1 hour of virtual office time per day
- If the student does not log in on the first day of class, he/she will be dropped.
- Students must attend 1 hour of the live session per day.
- After missing 5 hours of the synchronous (live) session, the student will be dropped. (5 days)
The last day to drop a class and not receive a grade for the 1st Semester will be June 11, 2021. The last day to drop a class and not receive a grade for the 2nd Semester will be June 24, 2021. Students who do not complete the academic summer school may forfeit future summer school enrollment opportunities.
This year's summer school is highly recommended for students who:
- Are seniors who need fifteen (15) semester credits, or fewer, in order to earn a diploma prior to September
- Are credit deficient for graduation
- Have failed classes and are in need of remediation
- Incoming 9th-grade students taking Math 2 Honors in the fall.
If your student does not meet the above criteria, the student may petition to attend summer school:
- Students who petition for inclusion based on the need to facilitate graduating with their class as identified in the student’s four-year plan will be enrolled on a space-available basis.
- Students needing a class for a special program should consult with their counselor.
- CTE classes will NOT be offered in the summer.
POSSIBLE VIRTUAL COURSE OFFERINGS
**Course offerings subject to change**
All courses offered as a 5 credit class
F = First Semester of Course
S = Second Semester of Course
P = Courses that meet University of California requirements.
Y = One semester class only
20th Century U.S. Hist. P (F) (S)
World History P (F) (S)
American Government (P)
Math 1 Integrated Math 1 P (F) (S)
Math II Integrated Math 2 P (F) (S)
Math III Integrated Math 3 P (F) (S)
English 9 P (F) (S)
English 10 P (F) (S)
English 11 P (F) (S)
Environmental Science (F) (S)
The Living Earth (F) (S)
Exp. Marine Environmental (F) (S)
Chemistry in Earth (F) (S)
Energy of the World of Future (F) (S)
Physics in Universe (F) (S)
POSSIBLE APEX ONLINE LEARNING COURSES
MATH (5 Credits each)
APEX Mathematics I Common Core Sem 1
APEX Mathematics I Common Core Sem 2
APEX Mathematics II Common Core Sem 1
APEX Mathematics II Common Core Sem 2
APEX Mathematics III Common Core Sem 1
APEX Mathematics III Common Core Sem 2
ENGLISH (5 Credits each)
APEX English 9 Common Core Sem 1
APEX English 9 Common Core Sem 2
APEX English 10 Common Core Sem 1
APEX English 10 Common Core Sem 2
APEX English 11 Common Core Sem 1
APEX English 11 Common Core Sem 2
APEX English 12 Common Core Sem 1
APEX English 12 Common Core Sem 2
SOCIAL STUDIES (5 Credits each)
APEX US Government & Politics CORE
APEX US & Global Economics Core
APEX US History CORE Sem 1
APEX US History CORE Sem 2
APEX World History CORE Sem 1
APEX World History CORE Sem 2
APEX PE 10 (5 Credits each)
APEX Spanish I
APEX Spanish 2
APEX Spanish 3