African American Parent Advisory Council (AAPAC)
AAPAC is an advisory council for African American parents. It serves as a tool for parents to be empowered in the decision-making process and to be advocates for their children's success.
AAPAC advises the school on:
- The school’s Academic Plan and budget.
- Issues specific to academic achievement of African-American students.
- Ways to engage/increase parent participation.
- Developing goals and objectives specific to each school site as it relates to Targeted Instruction Improvement Policy.
- Meets on a regular basis (monthly meetings are recommended)
Elections are held in September for two years, parents of Black/African-American students elect parent members of the AAPAC