Message from Dr. Moreland
Dr. Mitzi Moreland
Welcome back to school Henry Hawks!I would like to welcome you to the 2021-2022 school year. The Henry Hawk staff are looking forward to working with our scholars for in-person learning and parents. As we enter into the 2021-2022 academic school year, we will ensure our scholars have the safest and healthiest transition possible as they return. The health and safety of all of our school community stakeholders is our number one priority.
In order to provide a safe, nurturing and engaging learning environment for our scholars, Henry must make certain that we have all the necessary precautions established. Therefore, listed are the following changes that have occurred for the betterment of each scholar:
- All scholars must have a mask on to enter campus and must be worn throughout the school day. Masks may only be removed to eat breakfast & lunch, and when playing outside during recess, lunch, and physical education.
- All adults on Henry's campus will be required to wear a mask at all times, including arrival and dismissal times of scholars.
- Scholars may arrive at Henry at 7:30 am. Please do not leave any scholar unattended until temperature has been taken. In addition, students may not be dropped off prior to 7:30 am.
- Scholars should be picked up immediately after dismissal by parent/guardian or caregiver.
- Breakfast and lunch will be served to all of our scholars. We will be reducing the number of scholars eating inside of the cafeteria when the weather permits.
- Until further notice, parent volunteers will not be allowed on-campus. However, we would like to encourage parents to complete the Parent Volunteer Application.
- PLEASE make sure Henry has all of your updated phone numbers. California’s Education Code requires that all parents/guardians provide schools with updated and working phone numbers.
- Scholars are strongly encouraged to bring a refillable water bottle to school. Henry has refillable water dispensing stations for our scholars.
- COMMUNICATION is key: If you have any questions, feel free to contact the office or email me at email@example.com or Mr. Barber at firstname.lastname@example.org. Information and updates will be communicated via Remind app, phone calls and or the school website.
- If your scholar has their Chromebook or hardcover textbooks from the 2020-2021 academic school year, please return them to Henry ASAP.
Henry Elementary VAPA School will do whatever is necessary for our scholars to have an amazing 2021-2022 academic school year. Though we cannot predict what the future may hold in regards to COVID19, our staff members at Henry are prepared to address any challenges ahead as a united front. In addition, we will remain committed to providing our scholars with the academic, behavior, and social-emotional support needed to ensure their academic journey is fulfilling.
Thank you as always for your ongoing support.
Dr. Mitzi Moreland Solomon Barber Proud Henry Teachers & Staff
Principal Program Specialist