Return to Headlines
Valley Now Program
Below are the steps that you must take to enroll in SBVC for the fall semester. If you need assistance please email Mr. John Tenorio at Jtenorio@sbccd.cc.ca.us and please cc me on the email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Pay attention to the deadlines below so you don't miss you on this amazing opportunity!!DEADLINES:
- March 10, 2021 - Concurrent enrollment packets will be due. We realize this may coincide with Spring Break - if it does, students are welcome (and encouraged) to submit packets early!
- April 23, 2021 - Orientation and Assessment is due
- May 7, 2021 - Registration dueSTEPS TO COMPLETE:
- Valley Now! Concurrent Enrollment Process for New Students
- Fill out an initial survey
- Identify the steps needed to finish the concurrent enrollment process (this is where they identify if they are new, returning, or continuing students using our student category tool).
- Create an OpenCCC.net account
- Apply to SBVC
- Start the Concurrent Enrollment Packet - we have created a questionnaire that will help us generate a pre-filled concurrent enrollment packet for the students (along with all other required forms). Students will receive the completed forms via email.
- Get the emailed forms signed and turn them in using this questionnaireAfter packets are complete:
- Complete SBVC Orientation (either online or in-person) and complete our questionnaire
- Complete the SBVC Assessment process and complete our questionnaire
- Meet with a counselor (required of new concurrent enrollment students) - counselors will email students who must complete this requirement before registering.
- Register for classes
- Attend a Valley Now! Welcome Meeting
- Schedule a mid-semester Valley Now! Counselor meeting - this will help us identify struggling students and provide academic support.SUPPORT:
- Videos - we've made some video walkthroughs of various steps in the process. As of right now, they can be found on the SBVC GenerationGo! YouTube channel. We are still working on them, so as we add more we'll let you know.
- How to create an OpenCCC.net account and apply to SBVC
- Concurrent Enrollment Packet Video
- How to sign documents using pdf editing software, such as DocHub
- How to Log in to WebAdvisor
- How to reset your WebAdvisor Password
- How to Access Orientation
- How to Access Assessment
- How to Register
- How to Access Canvas
- Canvas Overview
- List of Canvas Videos
- Q&A - Each Thursday the team is available from 10:00 to 10:30 am to answer questions and provide updates on the program. Please feel free to drop in and say hello!
- The link will be the same for each meeting: https://cccconfer.
zoom.us/j/93814444875?pwd= SE5SZW4zd1JWSjNXOTdybndPRkhxdz 09
Or Join by Phone: +1 669 900 6833 (US Toll), +1 346 248 7799 (US Toll), +1 301 715 8592 (US Toll), +1 312 626 6799 (US Toll) , +1 646 876 9923 (US Toll), +1 253 215 8782 (US Toll)
Meeting ID: 938 1444 4875