As a student I will apply the 7 Habits by:
- Believing that I can learn and will learn.
- Reading for at least 30 minutes, five days a week.
- Coming to class on time, ready to learn and with assignments completed.
- Setting aside time every day to complete my homework.
- Following the school’s uniform dress code.
- Regularly talking to my parents and my teachers about my progress in school.
- Respecting my school, classmates, staff, and family.
As a parent/guardian or family member I will:
- Talk to my child regularly about the value of education.
- Talk to my child about the 7 Habits and their goals.
- Monitor TV viewing and make sure that my child reads every day.
- Make sure my child attends school every day, on time, and with homework completed.
- Support the school’s discipline and uniform dress code.
- Monitor my child’s progress in school.
- Make every effort to attend school events such as parent-teacher conferences, Open House, and Back to School Night.
- Ensure that my child gets adequate sleep, regular medical attention and proper nutrition.
- Participate in shared decision making with school staff and other families for the benefit of students.
- Respect the school, staff, students, and families.
As a teacher I will apply the 7 Habits in the classroom and:
- Communicate high expectations for every student.
- Endeavor to motivate my students to learn.
- Teach and involve students in classes that are interesting and challenging.
- Participate in professional development opportunities that improve teacher learning and support the formation of partnerships with families and the community.
- Enforce rules equitably and involve students in creating a warm and caring learning environment in the class.
- Communicate regularly with families about their child's progress in school.
- Provide assistance to families on what they can do to support their child’s learning.
- Participate in shared decision making with other school staff and families for the benefit of students.
- Respect the school, staff, students, and family.
Last Modified on September 8, 2021