Student Tech Support
Steps to log into Google Classroom (Chromebook and Laptop):
- Type classroom.google.com in your browser.
- Log into your rialtousd.org Google account
Having trouble or need your rialtousd.org email address and password? Please contact your teacher.
The first time you visit Google Classroom, you might have to click "accept" or "Agree to access Classroom. You also might be asked if you are a teacher or student. Please choose "Student".
- Main Menu (3 lines): Acces all of your GC classes and the To Do Page
- Stream: The stream is where you will find announcements from your teacher
- Classwork: This is the page where you will find all of your assignments and class materials.
- People: The People page is where you can email your teacher and classmates.
- G Suite app launcher: This icon represents your G Suite apps. you can click on this icon to open other G Suite applications.
To access a step-by-step Google Classroom tutorial, please click here.
- Topics: Your teacher will use Topics to help organize the Classwork page. You can filter the Classwork page by clicking on a specific topic on the left-hand side.
- View Your Work: A quick summary of all the assignments you are working on and have turned in. Grades for the class and assignments might be available.
- Google Meet: If you see this icon, all you have to do is click on it to launch Google Meet.
- Clipboard Icon: This icon means that this is an assignment your teacher has created.
- Book icon: This is a resource/material that your teacher has created.
1. Access the class desired from your Google Classroom dashboard
2. Select the “Classwork” tab. Select the assignment. Click “View Assignment”
Turn In Assignments
1. Student File: This is your copy of the assignment. Click on it to open it. You should have the ability to edit the file.
2. Add or Create: Add a file, link, or upload a document to attach it to this assignment. You can also create a Google Doc, Slide, Sheet, or Drawing from within the assignment.
3. Turn In: When you're done, click Turn In to notify your teacher that you are finished with the assignment. You will lose the ability to edit the file.
4. Private Comments: You can ask your teacher questions through the private comment box. No other classmates will see your conversation.
Google Meet Expectations
When you enter the virtual meeting, mute yourself (if you aren’t already).
Your teacher will tell you when to unmute when it’s your turn to speak.
If you can, wear headphones so you can hear better.
Turn on the captions if you are having trouble hearing the speaker.
When you have a question, type it in the chat box . Your teacher will tell you when to unmute so that you can ask your question.
Ask your teacher if your camera should be turned on or off. If it’s on, check to make sure the lighting is good so everyone can see you.
Look into the camera when you are talking.
Always be polite, respectful, and pay attention to the speaker, and use the digital platform and its features appropriately.
Chrome Browser and Extensions
How to Update your Chromebook
1. Click in the area near the clock.
2. Click on the settings “gear” icon.
3. Click on the three lines labeled “Settings” on the upper right hand side.
4. On the lower left hand side select“About Chrome OS”.
5. Select the “Check for updates” button.
6. If your device is out of date you will see “Updating your device” as shown below.
7. Once the device has updated you will see “Your Chromebook is up to date”.
8. Congratulations, your Chromebook is updated!